What is Agnipath Scheme? Who can apply for Agnipath scheme and how? Why is the government recruiting soldiers for four years only? Why is the youth protesting against Agnipath scheme?
Indian youth has been waiting so long for army recruitment opportunities. But why is it so that now the government introduced an armed services recruitment scheme but we can see youth on the road protesting against this recruitment scheme? Let’s find answers to all your doubts here through this 14 Points Explainer Of Agnipath Scheme where you are going know about the Agnipath scheme
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday launched the Agnipath Recruitment scheme. Under the scheme, young soldiers will be recruited across the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force. This scheme allows young aspirants to serve the country for four years. The government has introduced it as an initiative to transform armed forces into youthful, tech-savvy, modern.
“The Agnipath recruitment scheme is a transformative initiative that will provide the armed forces with a youthful profile,” said Rajnath Singh.
Agnipath Scheme Explained In 14 Points
There are a lot of questions and anger over the newly introduced Agnipath scheme. Hopefully, this 14 points explainer of Agnipath scheme is going to bring some clarity in your thoughts.
1. What Is Agnipath Scheme?
Agnipath is a recruitment scheme aimed at recruiting youth who wish to serve the nation by joining the armed forces. As per the radical scheme introduced by the Government of India, 45,000 to 50,000 soldiers will be recruited annually. The soldiers recruited will be known as Agniveers. Additionally, it is also claimed that this scheme will bring down the average age of the armed forces from 32 to 26.
2. 4-Year Army Job: Service Period Under Agnipath Scheme
The new army recruitment model is also called a short-term recruitment scheme. The soldiers will be hired for the period of four years. They will be trained for the initial six months.
3. Can An Agniveer Apply For Regular Employment After Four Year Completion Under Agnipath Scheme?
After the completion of four years, 25 % of the Agniveers would be retained for an additional tenure of 15 years for the permanent commission. Whereas, 75% of them will leave the service with a Seva Nidhi amount.
The reselected Agniveers will not be considered for retirement benefits for the initial four-year period. They will be governed by the existing terms and conditions of service of Junior Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks in the Indian Army and their equivalent in the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force and that of Non-Combatant enrolled in the Indian Air Force, as amended from time to time.
4. What Is Seva Nidhi Package?
Seva Nidhi is a corpus of one-time amount of Rs. 11.71 lakh plus interest which Agniveers are going to get after four years of their service. This amount will be tax-free and can be used by the Agniveer for his/her future career plans. The government has also been assuring that the soldiers will be assisted in getting placed in civilian jobs. Therefore, this is considered as one of the benefits of the Agnipath Scheme.
5. What Is Agnipath Scheme Age Limit?
You all have a question about who can apply under the Agnipath scheme. So, candidates between the ages of 17.5 years and 21 years will be eligible to apply.
6. How Much Salary Will An Agniveer Get?
As per the Agnipath scheme salary details, an Agniveer is going to get an attractive customised monthly package along with Risk and Hardship allowances. The package in the 1st year will be Rs 4.76 lakh with upgradation of up to Rs 6.92 lakh in 4th year.
7. Salary Under Agnipath Scheme
- 1st year – Rs 30,000 (Rs 21000 in hand)
- 2nd year – Rs 33,000 (Rs 23,100 in hand)
- 3rd year – Rs 36,500 (Rs 25,580 in hand)
- 4th year – Rs 40,000 (Rs 28,000 in hand)
At the end of the service, the soldier is going to get Rs 11.71 lakh as the Seva Nidhi package. 30% of the salary of Agniveer will be contributed to the Seva Nidhi programme and the government will also contribute an equal amount.
8. What Are the Major Benefits of Agnipath Scheme?
- Chance to serve the nation.
- Handsome salary packages.
- Seva Nidhi package.
- Seva Nidhi exempted from income tax.
- Among the different mentioned advantages of Agnipath scheme, there will also be a non-contributory insurance cover of Rs 48 lakh.
- It is stated that the armed forces will try to give a class 12 certificate to a class 10 student who joins as an Agniveer.
- By showing outstanding performance and on the basis of merit, an Agniveer can get regular employment.
9. Compensation Under Agnipath Scheme
- A martyr will get a non-contributory insurance cover of Rs 1 crore which is entitled to every Agniveer. The soldier who died in the line of duty will also get full pay for the unserved period.
- If an Agniveer gets disabled during the service, he/she will get full payment for the unserved portion as well as the Seva Nidhi package with full interest. The compensation amount will be decided on the grounds of the gravity of the disability. The soldier will get a one-time ex-gratia of Rs 44 lakh/Rs 25 lakh/Rs 15 lakh in the event of 100%/75%/50% disability, respectively.
10. When Will Agneepath Scheme 2022 Recruitment Start?
Reportedly, Agnipath recruitment scheme will be held from the month of September to October. You need to keep checking for the Agnipath recruitment scheme application deadline.
11. Who Is Eligible For Agnipath Scheme?
The eligibility criteria for Agnipath scheme include
12. Can Girls Join Agnipath Scheme?
Though there is no reservation for women under Agnipath Scheme, they can apply under the mentioned age limit.
13. How Can I Apply For Agnipath Scheme?
These are the websites where you can submit your application under Agnipath scheme.
14. No Rank, No Pension: Flaws Identified In Agnipath Scheme
After denying the “One Rank, One Pension” scheme this year, the government has now adopted the “No Rank, No Pension” scheme. The launch of the Agnipath scheme has led to nationwide protests. The major reasons for which the army aspirants are angrily protesting include
- Short-term employment by reducing the tenure to four years
- Lack of job security
- Concerns about future opportunities
- No ex-serviceman status
- No army canteen benefits
- No pension benefits to reduce pension budget
- No entitlement to gratuity benefits
Indian Youth is on roads where they are protesting against the “Tour of Duty”. Angry army aspirants are protesting across Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, and many other states. They have set trains and other vehicles on fire. The decision has led to nationwide protest and turmoil.
Protests Against Agnipath Scheme
Agnipath ya agni on every path ?
I feel terrified imagining what may happen when they step out after 4 yrs & get jobless.
Then they will be trained on weapons/bombs/warfare.
Not just detrimental to armed forces but for peace & internal security of country.
— Major D P Singh (@MajDPSingh) June 16, 2022
#AgnipathRecruitmentScheme #Agniveer के खिलाफ मध्य प्रदेश के ग्वालियर में भी हिंसा भड़की। रेलवे भी जाम करने की कोशिश, पुलिस ने लाठीचार्ज किया। @TheQuint @QuintHindi pic.twitter.com/2YxPGFf2AY
— Vishnukant (@vishnukant_7) June 16, 2022
बिल्कुल ग़लत है . हर हाल में ऐसे लोगों की गिरफ़्तारी होनी चाहिए . #Agniveer #AgnipathRecruitmentScheme #Agnipath #Agniveers https://t.co/D1x0O52Sox
— Ajit Anjum (@ajitanjum) June 16, 2022
देश के अलग-अलग हिस्सों से भयावह तस्वीरें आ रही हैं।
सेना अभ्यर्थियों का प्रदर्शन बेहद ख़तरनाक और हिंसक मोड़ ले चुका है। @narendramodi को तुरंत संज्ञान लेना चाहिए। https://t.co/tf3QdDiDtG
— Vinod Kapri (@vinodkapri) June 16, 2022
बिहार के भभुआ में ट्रेन में आगज़नी #Agnipath pic.twitter.com/5uOulTHOiF
— Umashankar Singh उमाशंकर सिंह (@umashankarsingh) June 16, 2022
#NewsAlert | People protesting against the #AgnipathRecruitmentScheme set train compartments on fire at Bihar's Sidhwalia railway station pic.twitter.com/N59zavUnNe
— NDTV (@ndtv) June 16, 2022
यूपी का बुलन्दशहर अग्निपथ भर्ती का विरोध करता युवा pic.twitter.com/rnUETZjpJA
— Anees Raja انیس راجا (@aneesrajasp) June 16, 2022
Bihar: नवादा में उपद्रवियों ने BJP कार्यालय में लगाई आग #Agnipath #AgnipathScheme pic.twitter.com/zRmyreAJYp
— News24 (@news24tvchannel) June 16, 2022
1. क्या पुलिस गोली मारेगी?
2. क्या बुलडोजर घर गिराएगा?
3. क्या थानों में पुलिस ठुकाई का वीडियो बनाएगी?
4. क्या ट्विटर पर बीजेपी नेता उस वीडियो को शेयर करेंगे?
5. क्या इनके पोस्टर चौराहों पर लगेंगे?
6. क्या एक साथ 100 FIR करी जाएंगी?
7. क्या मीडिया इनको anti national बोलेगा? https://t.co/PHeqE9O0Fv
— Darab Farooqui दाराब फारूक़ी داراب فاروقی (@darab_farooqui) June 16, 2022
अब यूपी के हाथरस में भी #Agnipath स्कीम के ख़िलाफ़ उतरे नौजवान बेरोज़गार pic.twitter.com/jkerBze0HC
— Shyam Meera Singh (@ShyamMeeraSingh) June 16, 2022
सपनों के चकनाचूर हो जाने से बड़ा दर्द एक युवा के जीवन में कोई और नही होता….!#AgnipathRecruitmentScheme के तहत 4 साल के कांट्रेक्ट के आधार पर युवाओं की भर्ती का ढकोसला, देश और युवाओं के साथ एक भद्दा मजाक है। pic.twitter.com/kQPyVaADPd
— Srinivas BV (@srinivasiyc) June 16, 2022
मोदी जी की #AgnipathScheme का विरोध बिहार , राजस्थान , यूपी के बाद उत्तराखंड भी पहुँच चुका है . ग़ुस्से की वजह सेना चार साल की नौकरी का ऑफ़र है.
सालों से भागते-दौड़ते और तैयारी करते छात्र इंतज़ार कर रहे थे कि भर्ती निकलेगी .जब भर्ती निकली तो उन्हें लग रहा है धोखा किया जा रहा है https://t.co/erT5mgSAfi
— Ajit Anjum (@ajitanjum) June 16, 2022
बिहार का एक युवाpic.twitter.com/ZxFh99eqqu
— Ranvijay Singh (@ranvijaylive) June 16, 2022
पहले खुद बेवक़ूफ़ों वाली स्कीम #Agnipath लेकर आए, अब देखिए क्या कर रही है भाजपा की पुलिस? ये वीडियो बिहार के आरा स्टेशन की है। pic.twitter.com/IXu6MUbce8
— Shyam Meera Singh (@ShyamMeeraSingh) June 16, 2022
क्या #अग्निपथ बनेगी युवा क्रांति का पानीपत?#बिहार में युवा जोश…अनोखा डंड सत्याग्रह। pic.twitter.com/7rYPLfTWRp
— Surya Pratap Singh IAS Rtd. (@suryapsingh_IAS) June 16, 2022
#AgnipathRecruitmentScheme में क्या ख़ामियाँ हैं – सीधी और सच्ची बात सुनिए रिटायर्ड मेजर जनरल @YashMor5 से pic.twitter.com/cS2MwI2mbq
— Vinod Kapri (@vinodkapri) June 15, 2022
This article is written by Varsha. You can reach out to the author via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.