Immigration to Canada – Changes in Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
With the intent of streamlining Immigration to Canada via the MPNP, the Manitoba Provincial Government has made certain changes to existing routes of immigration and has introduced a new route of immigration. In this post we take a look at the changes made.
On November 15, 2017, certain new changes have been announced in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), Canada, through which immigrants can seek to immigrate to Canada via the business route, with an objective of providing new pathways for Permanent Residence by the Manitoba Government.
The changes have been made to the three existing streams of immigration i.e.
- MPNP-B Business Immigration Stream: This stream has been renamed as Business Investor Stream (BIS) with immediate effect. Those who start a business outside Winnipeg within the first 12 monthsâ€™ time of their arrival are given priority.Â This stream has further been sub-divided into two pathways:
- Entrepreneur Pathway
- The Farm Investor Pathway.
The applicants shall be given a Temporary Work Permit and shall be required to sign a â€śBusiness Performance Agreementâ€ť to purchase an existing business or start a new business.Â The applicants are no longer required to deposit $100,000 as good faith deposit. This procedure shall be effective from the first quarter of 2018.
- Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream: This stream has also been subdivided into two pathways:
- the Manitoba Work Experience Pathway- the applicants, who are already working in Manitoba on a Temporary work Permit and whose jobs are not listed on the in-demand occupation list shall be eligible to apply in this stream
- Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway: the International applicants having valid job offers from the pre-approved employers, can apply under this category.
- Skilled Worker Overseas Stream: Under this stream priority shall be given to those qualified applicants nominated for the Federal Express Entry Program, having close family connections in Manitoba and/or having spouses proficient in language and having the experience and training for in-demand jobs.
International Education Stream of Immigration to Canada (Manitoba)
Apart from bringing changes to the existing streams, a new stream has been created i.e., the International Education Stream to be effective from April 2018. This stream shall include graduates in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) who are completing internships that support industry innovation.
The post-secondary international students graduating from Manitoba institutions are no longer required to attain six months work experience in an in-demand occupation consistent with their training before applying under M-PNP.Â As quoted by Manitobaâ€™s Education and Training Minister, Mr. Ian Wishart,
â€śThe new International Education Stream will make it easier for international students with a Manitoba education to build their careers and settle here in the province.â€ť
More details about the changes in M-PNP can be found at www.immigratemanitoba.comÂ along with the in-demand occupations list (updated regularly) and annual nomination plan.
You can read more about this at: https://www.cicnews.com