A Proclaimed offender proceeding is an action of the court through which the court affirm the person as the proclaimed offender and directs the concerned police officials to arrest the person named in the proceeding and produce him before the court and the name and details of the proclaimed offender are published in the newspapers declaring him/her to be a proclaimed offender.
(1) The meaning of being declared as proclaimed Offender is that accused can be arrested by ANY citizen of India at any time or any place.
(2) The Passport of the proclaimed offender will an so that offender doesn’t go out of the country.
(3) If at the time of being declared proclaimed offender person was doing any Government Job — he will be removed and if not he cannot apply for any government job at any level throughout the life– even if you aa proclaimed offender only for One day.
When The Court Issue Proclamation Against The Accused?
If Any court has reasoning to believe that any person against whom a warrant has been issued has absconded or is concealing himself so that such warrant cannot be executed, such court may broadcast a written proclamation demanding him to appear at a specified place and at a specified time not less than thirty days from the date of publishing such proclamation.
Procedure To Publishing The Proclamation Notice By The Court-
The proclamation shall be published as follows-
(1) It shall be publicly read in some conspicuous place of the town or village in which such person ordinarily resides.
(2) It shall be pasted to some conspicuous part of the house or homestead in which such person ordinarily resides or to some conspicuous place of such town or village.
(3) A copy thereof shall be paste to some conspicuous part of the Courthouse.
(4) The court may also, if it thinks fit, direct a copy of the proclamation to be published in a daily newspaper circulating in the place in which such person ordinarily resides.