NO. 9 OF 2019
[9th July, 2019.]
An Act further to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Act, 2004.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventieth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Act, 2019.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of March, 2019.
2. Amendment of section 2.
In section 2 of the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Act, 2004 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in clause (o),—
(a) for sub-clause (ii), the following sub-clause shall be substituted, namely:—
“(ii) the persons residing in the area adjoining Actual Line of Control and International Border; and”;
(b) in second proviso, in clause (ix), in the proviso, for the words “Actual Line of Control”, the words “Actual Line of Control or International Border” shall be substituted.
3. Amendment of section 3.
In section 3 of the principal Act, in sub-section (2), for the words “Line of Actual Control”, the words “Actual Line of Control or International Border” shall be substituted.
4. Repeal and savings.
(1) The Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act.
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India.