IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
CIVIL APPEAL NO.258 OF 2016
(Arising out of SLP(C)No.21406 of 2007)
JAGDISH PRASAD VERMA (D) BY LRS. & ORS. … APPELLANT(S)
STATE OF M.P. & ORS. … RESPONDENT(S)
J U D G M E N T
ANIL R. DAVE, J.
1. Leave granted.
2. Heard the learned counsel.
3. Upon perusal of the record, we find that the amount of compensation awarded to the respondents is Rs.20/- per square feet, which has been further reduced by 1/3rd .
4. The afore-stated amount appears to be on much lesser side as circle rate is much higher than the amount which has been awarded.
5. Upon perusal of the record, we are of the view that Rs.40/- per square feet would be reasonable amount which should be awarded, without any deduction therefrom.
6. Needless to say that in addition to the afore-stated amount, all statutory benefits would also be paid to the land owners. The amount shall be paid preferably within four months from today.
7. The appeal is disposed of as allowed with no order as to costs. Pending application, if any, stands disposed of.
[ANIL R. DAVE]
[ADARSH KUMAR GOEL]
5th January, 2016.