Home » News » Another Nirbhaya Seeks Justice: Rod Inserted in Private Parts, Lungs Punctured, Ribs Broken, Middle-Aged Women Gang-Raped in UP’s Badaun

When Will This Come to An End???

By the time we were just recovering from the Nirbhaya loss, here we lost another one. In a completely haunting incident of Badaun, Uttar Pradesh, a middle-aged woman was gang-raped on Sunday and this is not all. Rods were inserted in her private parts, her lungs were punctured, one leg and several ribs were broken.

The incident took place in Mewali village of Badaun, Uttar Pradesh on Sunday. The woman had gone to a temple and never returned.

The post-mortem was conducted by three-panel doctors including a female doctor. As per the post-mortem report submitted by the three-panel doctors, the victim had serious wounds in her private parts and there was a huge blood loss. It was also reported that she was hit by something heavy.

As per the locals, a car came at around 12 AM at midnight and left the woman outside her house. She was bleeding heavily and succumbed to her injuries that night. It was also revealed that the accused had taken the woman to Chandausi for treatment.

The family of the deceased claimed that the police station officer of Ughaiti, Ravendra Pratap Singh didn’t act on their complaint. They also alleged that police first tried to register it as an accident case. The post-mortem was done after 18 hours on Monday.

Badaun police chief, Sankalp Sharma took cognizance of the inaction and stated, “The preliminary inquiry has found that the local police station in-charge was negligent in handling the case. I have ordered his suspension.”

The Ughaiti police have booked Dharmasthala priest Satyanarayan Das, his aide and Mewali resident Vedram, and driver Jaspal under the charges of gang-rape and murder. The accused were absconding and police formed four teams to nab them. Two arrests are confirmed by police on Wednesday.

The brutality is reminiscent of the 2012 Nirbhaya case in which a 23-year-old female physiotherapy intern was brutally gang-raped by six-man in a moving bus. It took over eight years to serve her justice but still, one of the accused is still alive as he was a minor. One of the accused died in police custody and the other four were executed in March 2020.

We welcome your comments & feedback

Related News

error: Content is protected !!