Mumbai Police has finally broken the silence over Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide case and Mumbai Police commissioner Param Bir Singh spoke to the media on August 3 regarding various details and accusations in the case.
In recent days, netizens have condemned the Mumbai police and government for alleging that they are not showing any cooperation with Bihar police to investigate the matter and are ill-treating them in Mumbai.
The outrage grew even more after Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Mumbai quarantined the IPS Vinay Tiwari immediately after he reached Mumbai which Bihar police alleged to be done coercively.
- Param Bir Singh stated that SSR’s family has not mentioned anywhere in the complaint that Mumbai police carried out any lapses in the investigation. Besides that, he also stated, ” Sushant’s family in their signed statements on June 16 to Mumbai Police has said that there was no suspicion on anyone.”
- Police Commissioner told that they had recorded 56 statements till now.
- Mumbai police clarified, “We have no role in quarantining any officer, it is the BMC that has acted on it.”
- Mumbai police is seeking a legal opinion about whether the Bihar police have jurisdiction to investigate the case or not.
- It was also stated by the Mumbai police that Mumbai police has not given any clean chit to anyone in the case, but the complainant has not come to us.
- It was also communicated that the Google search history of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput includes Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, and his own name. He had searched his own name for around two hours before the night before his death.
- As per Mumbai police, Sushant Singh Rajput was upset over his ex-manager Disha Salian’s suicide. Disha had committed suicide just five days ago to the Sushant’s death. He was searching for the articles and news which are being written connecting him with Disha’s suicide.
- Param Bir Singh has also clarified that there was no politician present in the party at Disha’s fiance’s residence and said, “A party was held the night before [her death] at Disha Salian fiancee’s residence. She committed suicide at 3 am, it was verified through CCTV footage that was analysed. Five persons were present at the party including Disha’s fiance. Four others were present, but no political leader.” Mumbai police has also stated that Disha was under stress as two deals had fallen flat.
- Talking about the accusations related to Rhea Chakraborty, Mumbai police said, “Rhea left Sushant on June 8 and left because she was also depressed, her mental condition was also not normal.” Sushant’s sister, who came to Sushant’s place after Rhea left, left the house on June 13. “Sushant’s sister left on June 13 because her daughter was alone and she had her exams, which Sushant’s sister said in her statement.”
- Mumbai police has also talked about the relationship of the two which is under scrutiny. As per the reports, Sushant Singh Rajput and Rhea Chakraborty went on a Europe tour and returned in October 2019, after which Sushant had not been well. “Rhea had some disputes with Sushant’s family. We recorded Rhea’s statement twice. We examined if there was a troubled relationship. She shared how they met. She has shared about his mental illness and also incidents [pertaining to that]. Doctors’ prescription was also shared. We have verified everything about their Europe tour,” said Param Bir Singh.
The investigation is underway. A four-member team has already started its investigation and had collected evidences in the case. IPS Vinay Tiwari has also landed in Mumbai on Sunday to join the investigation team to probe the Sushant Singh Rajput’s death over the FIR filed by his father in Patna. But he was quarantined by the BMC Mumbai on Sunday evening.