Home » News » Haryana Allows People With Property On Rent Over 20 Years To Become Owners

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday gave a major relief while announcing that people, who have shops or houses on lease or rent from the municipalities for over 20 years, can become owners of the property by paying a price below the collector rate.

He further stated that for this, a scheme (applicable for urban areas) will be notified on Monday.

“We have formulated a scheme under which those who are in possession of such properties, be it houses or shops, for more than 20 years, all such will be given ownership rights,” said CM Khattar during a virtual new conference.

He further added that once the eligible people apply, they will be given relaxation in collector rate—if they are in possession of the property for more than 50 years, they will get a rebate of 50 percent on the collector rate.

“Likewise, if it is under possession for 40 years, the rebate will be 40 percent, 30 percent in case of 30 years, and 20 percent for 20 years, which is the minimum period required to avail the scheme,” he further added.

The upper limit for the rebate on collector rate is 50 percent.

Collector or circle rate is the minimum designated price for land or property fixed for a locality, at which transactions have to be registered

As per the policy, the person should have completed 20 years of being in possession of the property in order to avail of its benefits. To apply for the ownership, the applicant has to deposit 25 per cent of the collector rate charge within 15 days and the remaining 75 percent in the next 45 days.

“Once full payment is made and subject to fulfilment of all laid down conditions, the ownership of the property, which is the house/shop, will be transferred in their name,” CM said.

He further mentioned that if the municipality has leased and rented property to one or more persons, the amount will have to be paid as per the fixed floor-wise formula under the scheme.

CM Khattar also discussed the small chunks of land which are in possession of the civic bodies and are either unused or their way has been blocked by an adjacent piece of plot belonging to a private person.

“A provision has been made where municipalities can now sell such unused land to either the adjoining plot holders or to anyone else who is willing to buy such land. This will also reduce the possibility of illegal encroachment of such property,” Khattar said.

He stated that the money earned through such sales will be kept separate from all other funds and will be used for asset creation.

CM Khattar said that the Haryana government has restructured and redesignated the Command Area Development Authority (CADA) as Micro Irrigation and Command Area Development Authority (MICADA) to promote micro-irrigation and for effective implementation of the works pertaining to canals.

“The main objective of MICADA is to ensure maximum use of available water in irrigation and an amount of ₹3,700 crore will be spent on pavement of canals,” the Chief Minister said.

We welcome your comments & feedback

Related News

error: Content is protected !!