A public interest litigation has been filed in Delhi High Court seeking the removal of voice of Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan from the caller tune about the COVID-19 awareness and precautions. The petitioner raised the issue that the star himself had been infected by the virus in the past.
The petition has been moved by a Delhi resident who is also a social worker, Rakesh through advocates AK Dubey and Pawan Kumar.
“It is most respectfully prayed that kindly be pleased to remove the caller tune of Mr Amitabh Bachchan of corona from the mobile in the interest of justice,” said the petition.
The petitioner opined in the petition that Amitabh Bachchan is not suitable for such service. He also stated that the senior actor does not have a clear history and also he doesn’t serve the nation as a social worker.
“Mr Amitabh Bachhan got affected from the Corona disease and his other family members also became the patient of the Corona disease and he himself could not escape from the Corona disease,” said the petition.
In the petition, Rakesh has also stated, “The government of India has been paying fees to Mr Amitabh Bachchan for chanting such preventive measure on caller ringtone. There are some corona warrior who have been doing great service to the Nation and helping the poor and needy people…some corona warriors have distributed their hard earning among the poor and needy. Some famous Corona warriors are still ready to give their service without any payment.”
The matter came up for hearing before the High Court bench of Chief Justice D N Patel and Justice Jyoti Singh. The matter has been posted for January 18 after counsel appearing for the petitioner expressed the inability to appear for physical hearing.