(Insights about law firm’s taxation law practice, taxation lawyers, fields of interest, region, steps of retention and procedure on taxation law cases.)
Tax-related processes might be a little complex and lengthy when you have a hundred other tasks on your daily to-do list. Our experienced taxation lawyers in Chandigarh help people and organizations understand the tax laws. We represent individuals, companies and other entities in tax-related disputes. Having a thorough knowledge of direct and indirect tax laws, we have been advising and representing clients for over four decades. Our tech-savvy lawyers for tax matters in Chandigarh make sure that all your tax-related issues are resolved timely.
In crisis-like situations caused by Taxation related legal issues, B&B Associates LLP provides dependable and efficient solutions to sail clients through their taxation related legal issues. The law firm works with the most experienced and professional taxation lawyers and tax law advocates in Chandigarh along with some renowned chartered accountants who’re learned in tax law, bear in-depth knowledge, and have exhaustive experience in handling client matters.
Why Do I Need A Tax Lawyer?
The tax regime in India is governed by two types of Taxes – Direct Taxes & Indirect Taxes. Direct Taxes are broadly classified as Income Tax & Corporate Tax. Goods and Services Tax is a unified tax that has replaced all the indirect taxes in India. Tax laws are not only about computation, but also about checks, balances, regulation, and timely compliance. Therefore, it can become confusing and complex for businesses especially if they end up on the wrong side of the law, be it unintentional.
Our taxation lawyers in Chandigarh assist companies and businesses in developing strategies to optimize their fiscal responsibilities and compliance with domestic and foreign laws. Besides, our tax law advocates effectively and strongly represent clients and their matters before the concerned taxation tribunals while watching and safeguarding their best interests. Our lawyers ensure that the client is not hit by any unfair tax or any unfair policy adopted by any tax department against them. The law firm works closely with clients in matters related to overcharging, refund, wrong taxation, wrong computation, etc. Since indirect taxation law has changed in the past years, businesses struggle to understand the technicalities involved to have a smooth operation and our taxation lawyers offer dependable advice and viable solutions to keep the business afloat and profiteering at an optimum level.
Services Offered By Our Taxation Lawyers At B&B Associates LLP
- Commercial transactions
- Compliance And Returns
- Compliance of the RBI Guidelines
- Cross-border transactions
- Customs procedure
- Double Taxation Avoidance Treaties (DTAA)
- Dual Taxation advice
- Duty entitlements
- Export Oriented Units
- Filing of Advance Tax
- Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) compliance
- Foreign tax advice
- Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
- Goods And Service Tax
- Import and export levies
- Income Tax Issues & Representation
- Income Tax Returns (ITR)
- Levy Of Anti-Dumping And Safeguards Duties
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Offshore tax issues
- Restructuring and reconstruction
- Sales Tax Issues & Representation
- Service Tax Issues & Representation
- Special Economic Zones (SEZ)
- Tax Appeals
- Tax Law Documentation
- Taxation laws
- Taxation of Companies
- Taxation of Foreign Nationals
- Taxation of Partnership Firms
- Valuation planning
Tax Laws In India
- Accounting Standards Notified under Section 145(2) Authority for Advance Rulings (Procedure) Rules, 1996 Air
- (Prevention And Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
- Apprentices Act, 1961
- Arbitration And Conciliation Act, 1996
- Bank Term Deposit Scheme, 2006
- Banking Cash Transaction Tax Central Boards of Revenue Act, 1963
- Banking Cash Transaction Tax Rules, 2005
- Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015
- Capital Gains Accounts Scheme, 1988
- Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963
- Central Excise Act, 1944
- Central Excise Laws (Amendment & Validation) Act, 1982
- Central Sales Tax, 1956
- Central Value Added Tax (CENVAT)
- Centralised Processing of Returns Scheme, 2011
- Charitable And Religious Trusts Act, 1920
- Charitable Endowments Act, 1890
- Chartered Accountants Act, 1949
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- Commodities Transaction Tax
- Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006
- Companies (Auditors Report) Order, 2003
- Companies Act, 2013
- Company Secretaries Act, 1980
- Competition Act, 2002
- Conservation of Foreign Exchange And Prevention of Smuggling Activities Act, 1974
- Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Copyright Act, 1957 Cost And Works Accountants Act, 1959
- Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005
- Customs Act, 1962
- Customs Tariff Act, 1975
- Deposit Scheme for Retiring Employees of Public Sector Companies, 1991
- Deposit Scheme for Retiring Government Employees, 1989
- Depositories Act, 1996 Designs Act, 2000
- Direct Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme Rules, 2016
- Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Act, 2020
- Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Rules, 2020
- Economic Offences (Inapplicability of Limitation) Act, 1974
- Electronic Filing of Returns of Tax Collected at Source Scheme, 2005
- Electronic Filing of Returns of Tax Deducted at Source Scheme, 2003
- Electronic Furnishing of Return of Income Scheme, 2004
- Electronic Furnishing of Return of Income Scheme, 2007
- Electronic Hardware Technology Park Scheme Employees Stock Option Plan or Scheme Equity Linked Savings Scheme, 2005
- Emblems And Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950
- Employees Compensation Act, 1923
- Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
- Employers’ Liability Act, 1938
- Environment Protection Act, 1986
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Equalisation Levy
- Essential Commodities Act, 1955
- European Economic Community International Institutional Partners Scheme, 1993
- Expenditure-Tax Rules, 1987
- Factories Act, 1948
- Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010
- Finance Act, 2008
- Finance Acts
- Finance Bill, 201
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- Foreign Trade (Development ＆ Regulation) Act, 1992
- Furnishing of Return of Income on Internet Scheme, 2004
- General Clauses Act, 1897
- Gift-Tax Act, 1958
- Gold Bonds (Immunities And Exemptions) Act, 1993
- Goods and Services Tax
- Guidelines for Providing Training by Shipping Companies for Tonnage-Tax Scheme under Chapter Xii-G of Income-Tax Act Hospitalisation And Domiciliary hospitalisation Benefit Policy Income Declaration Scheme Rules, 2016
- Hindu Adoptions And Maintenance Act, 1956
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Hindu Minority And Guardianship Act, 1956
- Hindu Succession Act, 1956
- Income Tax Act, 1961
- Income Tax Settlement Commission (Procedure) Rules, 1997
- Income-tax (Appellate Tribunal) Rules, 1963
- Income-tax (Certificate Proceedings) Rules, 1962
- Income-tax (Dispute Resolution Panel) Rules, 2009
- Income-tax Act, 1961
- Income-Tax Ombudsman Guidelines, 2010
- Income-tax Rules Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Rules, 2015
- Income-tax Settlement Commission (Procedure) Rules, 1997
- Income-tax Welfare Fund Rules, 2007
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Easements Act, 1882
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Indian Fatal Accidents Act, 1855
- Indian Income-Tax Act, 1922
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Indian Stamp Act, 1899
- Indian Trusts Act, 1882
- Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
- Industrial Park Scheme, 2002
- Industrial Park Scheme, 2008
- Industries (Development ＆ Regulation) Act, 1951
- Information Technology Act, 2000
- Instructions to Subordinate Authorities – Authorisation Regarding Condonation of Delay in Filing Refund Claim Investment Deposit Account Scheme, 1986
- Insurance Regulatory And Development Authority Act, 1999
- Interest Tax Act; National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005
- Interest-Tax Act, 1974
- Issue of Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds And Ordinary Shares (Through Depositary Receipt Mechanism) Scheme, 1993
- Issue of Foreign Currency Exchangeable Bonds Scheme, 2008
- Labour Laws (Exemption from Furnishing Returns And Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) Act, 1988
- Land Acquisition Act, 1894
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009
- Limitation Act, 1963
- Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- National Green Tribunal Act, 2010
- National Savings Certificates (IX-Issue) Rules, 2011
- National Savings Certificates (Vi Issue) Rules, 1981
- National Savings Certificates (Vii Issue) Rules, 1981
- National Savings Certificates (Viii Issue) Rules, 1989
- National Savings Scheme Rules, 1987
- National Savings Scheme Rules, 1992
- National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- Partition Act, 1893
- Patents Act, 1970
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- Personal Injuries (Compensation Insurance) Act, 1963
- Preference Shares (Regulation Of Dividends) Act, 1960
- Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988
- Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Rules, 2016
- Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991
- Public Provident Fund Act, 1968
- Public Provident Fund Scheme, 1968
- Recovery of Debts Due to Banks And Financial Institutions Act, 1993
- Registration Act, 1908
- Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
- Reverse Mortgage Scheme, 2008
- Right to Information Act, 2005
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act, 1976
- Scheme for Bulk Filing of Returns by Salaried Employees, 2002
- Scheme for Filing of Returns by Salaried Employees Through Employer, 2004
- Scheme for Furnishing of Paper Returns of Tax Collected at Source, 2005
- Scheme for Furnishing of Paper Returns of Tax Deducted at Source, 2005
- Scheme to Develop, Operate ＆ Maintain Special Economic Zones under Section 80-Ia of The Income-Tax Act Read with Rule 18C(2) of Income-Tax Rules SEBI (Issue Of Capital And Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009
- SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018
- Securities And Exchange Board of India Act, 1992
- Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956
- Securities Lending Scheme, 1997
- Securities Transaction Tax
- Securities Transaction Tax Rules, 2004
- Securitisation And Reconstruction of Financial Assets And Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
- Senior Citizens Savings Scheme Rules, 2004
- Service Tax Act, 1994
- Service Tax Rules, 1994
- Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act, 1985
- Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Repeal Act, 2003
- Site Restoration Fund Scheme, 1999
- Social Security Certificates Rules, 1982
- Societies Registration Act, 1860
- Software Technology Parks Scheme Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006
- Special Bearer Bonds (Immunities And Exemptions) Act, 1981
- Special Court (Trial of Offences Relating to Transactions in Securities) Act, 1992
- Special Economic Zone Act, 2005
- Specific Relief Act, 1963
- State Emblem Of India (Prohibition Of Improper Use) Act, 2005
- Trade Marks Act, 1999
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- Urban Land (Ceiling And Regulation) Repeal Act, 1999
- Various Finance Acts
- Voluntary Deposits (Immunities And Exemptions) Act, 1991
- Waiver or Reduction of Interest Wealth-Tax Settlement Commission (Procedure) Rules, 1997
- Water (Prevention And Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
- Wealth-Tax Act, 1957
- Wealth-Tax Rules, 1957
- Weekly Holidays Act, 1942
Region Of Practice
- Supreme Court of India
- High Court of various states
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes
- Income-Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT)
- Directors-General of Income-tax
- Chief Commissioners of Income-tax
- Directors of Income-tax
- Commissioners of Income-tax
- Commissioner of Income-Tax (Appeals)
- Additional Directors of Income-tax
- Additional Commissioners of Income-tax
- Additional Commissioners of Income-tax (Appeals)
- Deputy Directors of Income-tax
- Deputy Commissioners of Income-tax
- Deputy Commissioners of Income-tax (Appeals)
- Assistant Directors of Income-tax
- Assistant Commissioners of Income-tax
- Income-tax Officers
- The Assessing Officer
- Tax Recovery Officers
- Inspector of Income-tax
- Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)
- Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT)
- Commissioners of Customs and Excise
- Designated Authority with regard to Anti-Dumping Duties
- Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF).
Legal Advice & Consultation
- Strictly by appointment.
- For appointment reservation, call +91-7710777770, or fill the form given below.
- Available methods:
1. In-person 2. Email 3. Telephonic
CONSULTATION REQUEST FORM
Steps to Retaining B&B Associates LLP
1. Reserve appointment
- Explain your matter by filling the form above and wait for a revert. If the matter needs urgent intervention, call us on +91-7710777770.
- Carry all the relevant documents on the date of appointment.
- Truthfully and fearlessly depose to avail right guidance.
- Know your right recourse and follow the advice.
- Discuss the scope of retention.
- Submit documents and detailed narration.
- Discuss important points of concern.
- Discuss on recourse, pleadings, and arguments
Why Do Clients Trust B&B Associates LLP For Taxation Lawyers In Chandigarh?
B&B Associates LLP is trusted for the quality of legal services and dealings. The firm has a service record of over 50 years and practicing advocates with over 40 years of experience in the field of law. Unlike traditional law offices, B&B works with efficient and disciplined management, adopts modern techniques and brings in essential factors of accountability and ethical law practice. We value both – our reputation and client relations and so we strive to deliver the best possible results to our clients.
Team of B&B Associates LLP
Above-named counsels are well-versed in taxation law, however, the names are arranged per seniority of position with the firm.
- Things to do at B&B
- Take prior appointment and inquire about applicable consultation charges.
- Show-up on time along with essential and important documents related to the case.
- Depose fearlessly & truthfully.
- Follow up with the advice given.
- Be calm in spirit and active in mind.
- Be patient and value hard-work.
- Believe in good conscience.
- Things NOT to do at B&B
- Do not suggest/ insist on corrupt measures – bribery, undue influence or favour etc.
- Do not suggest/ insist on using law to cause harm, revenge, vengeance, or sadistic pleasure.
- Do not suggest/ insist on using law for arm-twisting and routing for a compromise.
- Do not tell lies/ concoctions.
**We deject unethical and immoral practices, and reserve our rights of extending legal services only to a select clientele which exhibits civility, faith in law, sound moral footing, and good conscience. Our legal counsels defend the ones who have falsely been implicated, and prosecute for those who have actually been victimized – in either case, our counsels reserve their right of exercising discretion in accepting or rejecting a brief/ lawsuit
Public Dealing and Work Timings
Mon – Fri: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: on prior and special request, depending on availability.
Taxation law FAQs
1. Income tax applies to whom?
Income tax is levied upon:
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF),
- Association of Persons(AOP)
- Body of Individuals (BOI)
2. What documents are to be enclosed along with the return of income?
No, there is no need to enclose any documents with income tax returns.
3. How is advance tax calculated and paid?
Advance tax is to be calculated based on the expected tax liability of the year.
4. Who are the best taxation lawyers in Chandigarh at B&B Associates LLP?
- Mr. Mohit Bhandari & Mrs. Savita Bhandari – Founding Partners.
- Dr. Rohit Samhotra – Sr. Associate
- Mr. Ambransh Bhandari – Managing Partner
- Mr. Paras Chugh – Sr. Associate & Head Legal Research
- Mr. Sunny Menghi – Sr. Associate
- Ms. Anjali Bisht – Sr. Associate
5. Is agriculture income taxable?
Agricultural income is not taxable. For the meaning of Agricultural Income refer to Section 2(IA) of the Income-tax Act.
6. What does Profession mean?
Profession refers to the use of one’s skills and knowledge independently, such as legal, medical, engineering, architecture, accountancy, technical consultancy, interior decoration, artists, writers, etc.
7. What incomes are charged to tax under the head “Capital Gains”?
Any profit or gain arising from the transfer of a capital asset during the year is charged to tax under the head “Capital gains”.
8. What is a PAN?
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. PAN and is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department.
9. What is the classification of income tax?
Section 14 of the Income-tax Act has classified the income of a taxpayer under the following five different heads of income:
- Income from house property
- Profits and gains of business or profession
- Capital gains
- Income from other sources